(1) Indigents Awaiting Trial Persons (ATPs) in prison spend unnecessary long period wasting their youthful potentials away without school and any skill acquired to help them become useful in the society when finally they leave prison, this is because they cannot afford to hire a lawyer to represent them secure their freedom or speed their trial.
(2) Inadequate facilities and balance diet for the under-aged in the young people’s home (where the underage accused and suspects are kept) affect these under aged psychologically and otherwise and they end up becoming adults in that condition due to the fact that their parents or guardians cannot afford to hire a lawyer.
(3) The people in police detention spend several months in the cell, since they are indigent mostly and cannot afford to hire a lawyer, they are often times at the mercy of the police who maltreated and tortured them.
(4) The people that are convicted and have option of fine spend long jail term because they are indigents who cannot afford to pay the fine, even when it is a very small amount.
(5) The oppressed indigents in our society whose rights are infringed upon and their properties are forcefully claimed by their oppressors or are maltreated in any form need legal representation.
(6) The indigent children and youths in our society are mostly not enrolled in school or are drop out due to poverty, their right to education and progress is thwarted; therefore they need to be given education.
The society where we live need to know their fundamental and civic rights and their corresponding liabilities, also we create awareness on the work of Advocacy for the Support of Prisoners and Indigents Rights (ASPIR) to enable people find help in areas we are involve. Ignorance is one of the reasons why the rights of indigents are being infringed.
Skills acquisition and Education
It is the right of every child to go to school, indigents children are not in school due to poverty and those that are already adults need adult education and skill acquisition to enable them be responsible people in the society who will contribute to the progress of the society.
The people that are out of prison, police detention, or under aged home detention or those in need of education or skills or food or clothing or shelter or any form of help ASPIR rendered, there is something that is most important of all, that is there relationship with Christ Jesus, how to leave and affect others positively.
Peace building & Conflict resolution
We prefer people settled their difference amicably without recourse to court except where it is impossible. These encourage peaceful co-existence and avoid loss or win nature of court which sometimes creates enmity.
Distribution of Relief Materials
We distribute relief materials to indigents in dire need and especially those Christians affected by the incessant crisis in our country.